Building Custom SSIS Components
I’ve been using SSIS for a long time and have always been curious about developing custom sources and destinations.
After having a bit of a look through the MDSN documentation (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345161.aspx) last night I thought I would give it a go.
So over the next couple of blog posts I’m going to attempt to create a custom Connection Manager, Source and Destination for RabbitMQ.
RabbitMQ is a widely used message broker built on the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).
Hopefully at the end of this series we will have:
- Connection Manager which can be used by both the source and destination components which connects to the RabbitMQ broker
- Source component which can read from a queue
- Destination component which can send messages to an exchange
You can follow the source code updates in my GitHub repository.
As the series goes on I will add links to each article here.
- Part 1 - Building a Custom Connection Manager
- Part 2 - Add a Custom UI to the Connection Manager
- Part 3 - Building a Custom Source Component
- Part 4 - Add a Custom UI to the RabbitMQ Source
- Loading a Data Warehouse Dimension with RabbitMQ and SSIS
MSDN Documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345161.aspx
Developing a Custom Source Component: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms136088.aspx
Developing a Custom Destination Component: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms135899.aspx
SQLBits 8 - SSIS Custom Components: http://sqlbits.com/Sessions/Event8/SSIS_Custom_Componenets by Dave Ballantyne (I haven’t watched this yet)